Academics at George Fox
George Fox provides an education that helps students grow academically, professionally and spiritually. Since our founding in 1891, we've made the integration of faith and learning central to our mission as a Christian college.
Here, you receive personal attention from professors whose first priority is teaching. Our 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio is among the lowest in Oregon and the region.
Ranked among the top Christian colleges in the U.S.
We've developed a strong reputation for academic excellence:
- In 2012, Forbes ranked George Fox among the top 10 Christian colleges in the country.
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine rates George Fox among the top four Christian colleges and top 80 private schools nationwide in its "Best Value" assessment.
- George Fox is classified as a first-tier "Best Regional University (West)" by U.S. News & World Report.
- The Princeton Review lists George Fox as a “Best in the West” selection.
- More Portland-area valedictorians and straight-A seniors enroll at George Fox University than at any other evangelical Christian college in Oregon.