Dean, School of Business
Director, Undergraduate Programs
Professor of Business
Office Location: Hoover 143
Office Hours: By appointment.
Dirk Barram is in his 22nd year at George Fox. He worked at Hewlett–Packard in Palo Alto, Calif., as a division training and development manager prior to coming to the university. Since coming to George Fox, Dirk has served in a number of administrative capacities, including vice president for Academic Affairs (1992-1998). In addition to his teaching, he is currently serving as the interim dean of the School of Business and undergraduate chair of the Department of Business and Economics since 2002.
His passion is teaching, and you will find the classroom is where he is most at home. Dirk’s wife Nancy is a fourth-grade school teacher in the Newberg School District. They have a son, Jeff, and daughter Anna. Dirk strongly believes in George Fox as a Christ-centered institution, and is committed to a faith in God that informs not only his teaching but the manner in which he lives out his life.
Professor Barram Teaches:
- Business Strategy
- Organizational Behavior
- Senior Capstone
- PhD Michigan State University
- MEd Kent State University
- BA Gordon College
- Southlake Church member
- Board of Directors for PNE Corporation
- Business Consultant for various organizations
- Board of Directors for Tilikum Retreat Center
- Newberg Public Schools facilitator
- Chamber of Commerce of Newberg Leadership Development
- Why college students engage or do not engage in student leadership programs
- Teaching techniques and styles and effectiveness in the college classroom
- Keys to a great work environment
- Teaching business through story
- Article: (submitted) Gender and class standing and their impact on universities students’ decision to participate in leadership development activities.
- Presenter for Northwest Association of Financial Aid Administrators at Oregon State University
- Presenter for ELITE student leadership conference
- Presenter for Providence Newberg Hospital Management Conference