All prerequisite coursework must be completed with a minimum grade of “C”. A general description of prerequisite course work is listed below.
- Biology, 12 semester credits (or equivalent) required courses: general biology, human anatomy (with dissection) & physiology. Laboratory sessions are required. Strongly recommended are advanced courses such as biochemistry, neurobiology, genetics, microbiology and advanced anatomy. Laboratory sessions are required.
- Physics, 8 semester credits (or equivalent): required course: general physics. The course should reflect a standard two-semester (or equivalent) course which includes laboratory.
- Chemistry, 8 semester credits (or equivalent): required course: general chemistry. Equivalent courses such as organic & biological chemistry courses should reflect standard two-semesters which includes laboratory. Advanced courses such as organic chemistry, physical chemistry and biochemistry are strongly recommended.
- Psychology, 6 semester credits (or equivalent): course should include but not limited to a general course in psychology. Additional coursework in abnormal psychology, human development, and neuroscience are strongly recommended.
- Statistics, 2 semester credits (or equivalent): course can be taken as either math, or social science credit.
- Social Science and Humanities, combined 12 semester credits (or equivalent): required course: English composition. Additional coursework should include classes in more than one discipline such as literature, communication, foreign language, philosophy, sociology, political science, economics, and fine arts.